Come be a part of an Elite team and work side-by-side with some of the best in the industry. Our diverse and international background allows our multi-faceted team to work on some of the biggest industrial facilities in the U.S., and around the world. At Reliable Controls Corporation you will gain hands-on experience and learn new innovative techniques that will strengthen your engineer skills. We are currently accepting resumes for the following:
Process Controls Engineer IV
Director of Automation & Technology
The Process Controls Engineer IV provides engineering support for controls engineering and
commissioning projects at industrial facilities such as processing plants, gas compression facilities, mining
facilities and other related types of projects. This position focuses on design and review of instrumentation
and automation systems associated with heavy industrial plants. The Process Controls Engineer IV
carries out tasks outlined in the project’s completion procedure as defined in the Scope of Work. Executes
completion activities at project sites and verifies that documentation is completed.
- Create and implement standards and strategies to improve process efficiency
- Independently responsible for various engineering or technical assignments
- Design & review of instrumentation, automation systems associated with heavy industry
- Engineering & design of network diagrams, loop diagrams, P&ID control depictions, Controls
Narrative, and Cause and Effect.
- Design process control systems and strategies.
- Design, implement and optimize process network infrastructure and automation processes
through modern process control systems.
- Program and configure PLC/HMI/DCS/SCADA systems.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process controls.
- Hands on support for commissioning/start-up activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Full specialization in complex engineering or application of technology.
- Expert interpretation of P&ID’s.
- Proficient with reading and understanding PFDs, P&IDs, Loop Diagrams, I/O Schematics, ISA
Instrument Datasheets, Control Narratives, and Cause and Effects.
- Solid understanding of process control loops including valve, pump, and instrumentation
characteristics (Flow, Pressure, Level, Density, Temperature, pH, and Analyzers).
- Strong experience in plant commissioning and start-up.
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills; including technical writing, daily reporting, presentations, etc.
- Understanding of mineral processing and oil and gas processes.
- Understanding of material flow balances and energy balances.
- Ability to write PLC/DCS logic and HMI/DCS configuration.
- Ability to identify defects and deficiencies with purpose of providing remediation (Punch list
- Experience with Allen Bradley and/or Siemens and/or Modicon PLC’s.
- Experience with DeltaV and/or Honeywell and/or ABB DCS.
- Knowledge of the NEC, NFPA, PSM, MSHA, IEC 61131/61508, and ISA codes and standards.
- Professional demeanor, self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Comfortable expressing an independent opinion, resilient to change and recognizes impact of their
decision on others.
- Will follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job under general supervision.
- Working on-site in heavy industrial environments mostly but not limited to mining and gas
industries. These environments may have the following conditions: Extreme temperature
conditions, both hot and cold; in and/or around moisture; on slippery and/or uneven surfaces, in
confined spaces; and at heights.
- Hours of operation and employee schedules vary based off each project and may require irregular
or extended hour and travel for project completion.
- Up to 80% travel, including both domestic and international travel.
- Will require frequent standing, occasional bending, squatting, climbing, twisting, balancing and
- Will have exposure to noise, vibrations, well-treating chemicals, glycol, methanol, gasoline, natural
gas and liquid hydrocarbons.
- Will follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job under
- Will often work alone with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or similar engineering field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in process controls engineering.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.