Come be a part of an Elite team and work side-by-side with some of the best in the industry. Our diverse and international background allows our multi-faceted team to work on some of the biggest industrial facilities in the U.S., and around the world. At Reliable Controls Corporation you will gain hands-on experience and learn new innovative techniques that will strengthen your engineer skills. We are currently accepting resumes for the following:
Area Test Engineer IV, Power & Electrical
Director of Projects
The Area Test Engineer IV provides electrical, mechanical and instrumentation support for industrial
projects such as processing plants, gas compression facilities, and mine processing facilities. The primary
focus of this position is field work associated with pre-operational testing, commissioning, and start-up of
an industrial facility. This individual will work in a team-oriented environment under demanding and
challenging conditions associated with critical project deadlines and heavy workloads. The Field Test
Engineer IV requires diverse electrical, mechanical and instrumentation expertise and experience in
maintenance and operations.
- Creates and executes fit-for-purpose processes to ensure installation and functionality of every
piece of equipment and instrumentation for all systems and sub-systems.
- Responsible for and specializes in complex engineering or application of technology.
- Performs instrument calibration and testing and is responsible for accuracy.
- Performs testing, troubleshooting and repair of electrical controls, panels, instrumentation, power
distribution systems, and control system networks.
- Performs inspection and verification activities associated with the Company’s work packages.
- Expert understanding of electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and relay ladder logic.
- Compliance and enforcement of company, safety, environmental, governmental policies and
regulations as they apply.
- Hands on support for commissioning/start-up activities.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Ability to calibrate various instruments.
- Knowledge of NEC, ISA, NFPA, API and UL.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, P&ID, and other drawings.
- Understanding of analog instrumentation loops.
- Understanding of PLC ladder logic, digital and sequential logic programming methods, and
process related closed-loop control systems.
- Excellent communication skills; including technical writing, daily reporting, presentations, etc.
- Professional demeanor, self-motivated, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Will follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job under
- Working on-site in heavy industrial environments mostly but not limited to mining and gas
industries. These environments may have the following conditions: Extreme temperature
conditions, both hot and cold; in and/or around moisture; on slippery and/or uneven surfaces, in
confined spaces; and at heights.
- Hours of operation and employee schedules vary based off each project and may require irregular
or extended hour and travel for project completion.
- Up to 80% travel, including both domestic and international travel.
- Will require frequent standing, occasional bending, squatting, climbing, twisting, balancing and reaching.
- Will have exposure to noise, vibrations, well-treating chemicals, glycol, methanol, gasoline, natural gas and liquid hydrocarbons.
- Will follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job under minimal supervision.
- Trade certification or Associates degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in electrical and instrumentation (calibration, testing, verification,
- 5 to 10 years of experience in commissioning and start-up of industrial plants
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record.